Volunteer Commitment Agreement
As a visitor / volunteer, you become an important member of our staff and act as a representative of our organization Paradise 4 Kids Global and to the Christian community at large.
For a better understanding of what you can expect as a volunteer and what is expected of you by our organization, we require you to read and sign the following Volunteer Commitment Agreement in conjunction with the Visitor & Volunteer Request Information Page and the Visitor Rules Regulations & Suggestions
This is not a Legal document but may be used in any medium and all Volunteers must sign for the protection of the Mission and its past and present employees, agents and representatives .
Missionary work is often “Romanticized” and more than one person has landed into the missions fields with the best intentions, full of Faith and Commitment only to break down and make unrealistic demands and accusations.
As a volunteer, our organization does not promise anything, does not provide anything, nor makes any representation in any regards. Our organisation is fully supported by Donations expressly donated for the Poor in the country, and as such, do not have funds to pay for any part of your trip not to make your stay comfortable to your satisfaction.
As a volunteer, we require you to provide for yourself in every area of your stay. A minimum of $50 USD per person per night must be paid for your Accommodation which includes power and running water.
As a volunteer, we ask that you provide total support and obedience to the senior personnel in our organisation.
I, ________________________________________________________________, have read the
[Instruction: Volunteer should insert name.]
Visitor/Volunteer Commitment Agreement and fully understand my responsibilities as a volunteer with the organization, I have read the Visitor / Request Information Page and the Visitors Rules Regulations & Suggestion Page and understand the recommendations and have taken steps to prepare myself for what has been described in the pages.
I agree to fulfill my commitment to the best of my ability, and to notify the organization when I am no longer able to do so.
Waiver and Indemnity
1. I understand that participating as a Visitor or Volunteer with Paradise 4 Kids- Australia, Paradise 4 Kids- USA and Paradise 4 Kids – PNG from time to time is a inherently a dangerous activity by way of been isolated in a ‘Third World Country”
2. I understand that participating as a Visitor or Volunteer in a ” Third World Country” involves the risks of physical injury and/or death and therefore I voluntarily assume all risks associated with being a Volunteer with the Mission and its agents, including, but not limited to, my own actions or inaction’s, the actions or inaction’s of others including falls, illness, infection, contact with others (including other visitors / volunteers and or staff), completing any and all mission work, defective equipment, the effects of weather (including high heat and/or humidity), health risks (including but not limited to overexertion, dehydration, fatigue, lack of fitness or conditioning).
3. I agree to comply with all posted or implied rules and warnings during the stay and follow any instructions or directions given by any employees, representatives or agents of the mission.
4. I understand, agree and accept that some of the obstacles I may encounter may be water that has not been tested for chemicals, disease or contamination and that the area the mission works in may contain wild animals, insects and plants.
5. I certify that I am physically fit and have no medical condition that would make participation as a visitor / volunteer more hazardous. If I am pregnant, disabled in any way or have recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, I should have or did consult a physician before participating in the mission.
6. I agree not to consume alcohol at any time whilst in the country or use any medicines or substances that will inhibit my mental or physical ability to safely and effectively participate in the Mission.
7. I consent to medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment of injury to me during my stay, as volunteers or medical professionals may deem appropriate.
8. I understand that this document extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency and/or injury to me.
9. I understand and agree that I am expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times and to obey all local, state and federal civil and criminal laws at all times while in the country of the mission.
10. I understand that mission, including its employees and agents can dismiss me, without refund, should my behavior endanger the safety of or negatively affect the mission, another person, facility or property of any kind. I also agree to indemnify the mission, its past and present employees and agents, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in part by my negligent or intentional acts or omissions.
11. I agree that mission, its past and present employees and agents, are not responsible for any personal items or property that is lost, damaged or stolen, on the way to, during and, on the way out of the mission.
12. I consent to the use of my image in photographs, motion pictures, or recordings taken at the Event for use in the advertising, marketing or promotion of the mission or any other event being conducted by its past and present employees and agents.
I also assign all rights, title, and interest in any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings or other records of me during my stay at the mission to its past and present employees and agents.
13. I agree that any fees or payments are final and non-refundable.
14. I agree that its past and present employees and agents, reserves the right to cancel my trip, in the event of extreme weather or for any reason that will protect the safety and security of the its past and present employees and agents including yourself.
15. I am at least 18 years old OR my Parent/Guardian has reviewed this waiver and consented to its terms.
16. I have taken out my own TRAVEL Health insurance and enclose a copy.
17. I enclose a copy of my PASSPORT / VISA / and VACCINATIONS.
18. Please indicate if you are/will be taking malaria medication. _____ yes ____no
19. Are you taking any other prescription medications? If so, please specify below. Please bring an adequate supply of all necessary medications.
20. Are there any health issues we should be aware of? if so, please list them.
21. Contact information for someone in your country of origin.
Name ________________________ Relationship to you ________________________________
Phone ___________________ Email _______________________________________________
Waiver and Release of Claims
1. I understand that mission its past and present employees and agents are committed to conducting the itself and themselves in a safe manner and holds the safety of Visitors / Volunteers in the highest regard and that the mission its past and present employees and agents attempts to reduce such risks and insists that all visitors / volunteer follow safety rules and instructions that are designed to protect their and all involved safety.
2. I am solely responsible for determining if I am (or my minor child is) physically fit and/or sufficiently skilled for the Mission.
3. I recognize and acknowledge that there are risks of physical, mental and spiritual injury and or fatigue in visiting or volunteering in a “Third World Country”, and I freely and voluntarily agree to assume the full risk of any and all injuries and or fatigue that I (or my child) may sustain as a result of visiting / volunteering in the mission.
4. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to such participation in the mission, and I waive and indemnify the mission, its officers, employees, agents and representatives, for any claim (of any nature) arising out of an injury to me (or my child) and from any and all claims arising out of or connected with my (or my child’s) participation in the mission.
5. I agree to release, and not make any claim (of any nature) against the mission, its past and present employees and agents arising as a result of, or in connection with, my participation in the mission.
I acknowledge that I have read and fully understood the important information above, including the Visitor / Request Information Page and the Visitors Rules Regulations & Suggestion Page and agree to the terms of this document.
Full Name (Print) _______________________________________________________
Consent of Parent or Guardian
for participant under the Age of 18
1. I am the parent or guardian of the below named participant (Minor).
2. I acknowledge that I have read and fully understood the information above, and agree to the terms of this document.
3. I give my approval for the Minor’s participation in the mission.
4. In doing so, I agree to assume all risks and hazards incidental to the Minor’s participation in the mission and I release and indemnify the mission, its officers, employees, agents, and representatives for any claim arising out of an injury to the Minor and from any and all claims arising out of or connected with the Minor’s participation in the mission. I also, on behalf of the Minor and myself, release the mission its past and present employees and agents and will not make any claim (of any nature) against the mission its past and present employees and agents arising as a result of, or in connection with, the mission.
5. I acknowledge I have carefully read, understood, accepted and agreed to the terms of this document.
Minors Full Name (Print)____________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Name (Print)_______________________________________________
Signature of Parent/Guardian________________________________________________
Please print this page and email to pk4a [at] pk4a.com